Friday, June 1, 2007

Record Cover (Preview)

I just got this via email this morning. The "new" (recorded in 1982) Church Police single, "Gilligan's Wings" will be released fairly soon, and here's what the cover will look like.

The graphic images, those medieval woodcuts of freaks and monstrosities, are the same as what I used to make the poster for the very first Church Police live performance back in September 1980. Though we just used plain white paper, not that vivid pumpkin orange that was selected for this release.

2 comments:

vaudeviewgalor raandisisraisins said...

is this from the archive brutallo sloumberfugeux had? glad its not just rare vinyl in mexico anymore. did he get some?

David Blakeslee said...

No, this single was produced from mp3s that were floating around the internet - ry contacted me several months ago after we met through an on-line forum. After contacting Tim (and trying unsuccessfully to contact Bruce and Eric) we decided to just go ahead and release a single. Ry took care of the details, I sent him the artwork (front cover is based on the poster from our first-ever show, back photo is just about the only picture I have of all four of us together.)

I take it that "brutallo sloumberfugeux" is Bruce our former bass player? I would like to get in direct contact with him and if you could help make that happen I'd appreciate it!